|HFM Applications and Menu Item are Not Displayed in Workspace|
| ||Modified 18-FEB-2010|
FinancialManagement-related menu items in Workspace don't appear in any of the following places:
- File -> Preferences -> Consolidation
- File -> Open -> Applications -> Consolidation
- Navigate (the "wheel") -> Applications -> Consolidation
- Navigate (the "wheel") -> Administer -> Consolidation Administration, plus the items "Users On Systems", "System Messages" and "Manage Servers and Applications".
Workspace does not know about the existing Financial Management instance. This is usually seen if the "Web Server Configuration" task for Foundation Workspace was run before the HFM configuration tasks.
Run the Web Server Configuration task
- Open the Configuration Utility from Start -> Programs -> Oracle EPM -> Foundation
- Complete the Financial Management configuration tasks and click Finish
- Restart the Configuration Utility
- Expand the Foundation tasks for Workspace, and select only the Web Server Configuration task
- Make sure that the HFM component is selected and shows the correct address and port; complete the task and Finish
- Stop the Foundation Workspace Web Application service
- Stop and restart the Foundation Workspace Agent service
- Restart the Foundation Workspace Web Application service
Now all the above items should appear. You can test that the basic integration is working by going to
File -> Preferences and clicking on Consolidation; if the form on the right of the pop-up window is loaded, then web integration is working.
Applications not opening
If you can see the items, but you cannot open the listed applications, there might be a problem with the registration information for that application; this is a different set of problems and is outside the scope of the article.