User Receives Error In Smartview When Connecting To HFM : "Invalid Session, One possibility is that connection has timed out. Please login again
Posted by Priya Doyle on 02 December 2010 09:22 AM
Applies to:Hyperion Financial Management - Version: 188.8.131.52.00 - Release: 9.3
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Receiving the following error when Connecting to an HFM Data source via Smart View.
The user attempting to connect / logon to the HFM Data Source does not have the needed HFM provisioning to connect to HFM.
1. Logon to Shared Services console on the following URL :
2. Find The user accessing the HFM application (either Native or External)
3. Right Click>>Provision>>Choose the HFM application from the left pane.
4. Expand the HFM application to view the available roles.
5. Mark the desired roles to assign to the user and click on the " -> " button to move it to the right pane
N.B the least role to be assigned to a user is "Default" to be able to connect to the HFM application and view data.
6. Click Save.
Also please check HFM Admin guide Chapter -3 "Managing Application Security" on page 59 for further security configuration related to the HFM applications.