Lengthening the Smartview Log-in Time-out
Posted by Priya Doyle on 07 December 2010 05:51 PM
|Lengthening the Smartview Log-in Time-out|
| ||Modified 14-JAN-2010|| |
Applies to:Hyperion Financial Management - Version: 220.127.116.11.00 to 18.104.22.168.00 - Release: 9.3 to 11.1
Information in this document applies to any platform.
GoalChanging the length of time you can be idle while logged onto SmartView without being automatically logged off.
Note: If you do not use SmartView for a period of time (by default, 20 minutes), you are automatically logged out for security reasons. You will need to connect again in order to continue using SmartView.
SolutionOn the SmartView Provider web server...
- Point to Start > Programs > Hyperion > Financial Management > Server and Web Configuration
- In Hyperion System 9 Financial Management Configuration Utility, select the Smart View Provider tab
- Set Web Session Timeout (in minutes) to the desired period, e.g. 60
- Choose OK
- Point to Start > Programs > Oracle EPM System > Foundation Services > EPM System Configurator
- The Welcome screen appears. Choose Next
- Deselect all products
- Select Financial Management. Financial Management expands to show more options. (If it does not, click it twice.)
- Deselect all Financial Management options and select Configure Web Server
- Choose Next
- Select Configure IIS to enable Smart View Provider and deselect the other options
- Choose Next
- Set Web Session Timeout to the desired period in seconds, e.g. 3600 (one hour)
- Choose Next, then Next again
- When it completes, choose Finish