Unable To Edit The Column ''Prior Date Key" in Custom Tables (Period) section, Getting this Error: 'There is Invalid Cell Data''.
Posted by Priya Doyle on 25 January 2011 11:15 AM
Applies to:Hyperion Financial Data Quality Management - Version: 220.127.116.11.00 to 18.104.22.168.00 - Release: 9.3 to 11.1
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When trying to edit the column ''Prior Date Key" in Custom Tables (Period) section, getting this error:
"There is Invalid Cell Data"
The steps done to reproduce:
1) Open Metadata -> Control tables
2) Enter Period and Prior Date key as 1/07/2010 and 1/01/2010 respectively
3) Update grid.
4) Add a new row and Enter Period and Prior Date key as 1/14/2010 and 1/07/2010 respectively
5) Update grid.
FDM will return a duplicate record error and red exclamation mark will appear indicating an invalid cell. Getting this error message: "There is Invalid Cell Data".By default when creating periods FDM uses "MMM - YYYY" in the text description. This is a key field and cannot be duplicated. Since you had not changed the format mask each of the periods you were attempting to create would result in duplicated MMM-YYYY.
So, this is a normal behaviour as you need to change the Application setting "Period Key Date Format Mask" to a format other than the default "MMM - YYYY".
In order to resolve this issue you will need to use a date mask.
To do this please apply these steps:
1. Click Administration -> Application Settings, then change the 'Options' to 'Period Key Date Format Mask'.
2. By default the mask is set to MMM - YYYY.
3. Then, you will need to change to include a mask with DD so the system can differentiate between months and days thus creating weeks .
4. To keep your applications consistent MM-DD-YYYY may be the best option for you.
5. Once you have saved the changes please re-test the entry of weekly period in the Control Tables.