DataView is Truncated from Periodic to Perio and Causes a Failure During the Intersection Validation for Financial Data Quality Management (FDM)
Posted by Priya Doyle on 04 February 2011 12:30 PM
|DataView is Truncated from Periodic to Perio and Causes a Failure During the Intersection Validation for Financial Data Quality Management (FDM)|
| ||Modified 09-NOV-2010 || |
Applies to:Hyperion Financial Data Quality Management - Version: 220.127.116.11.00 and later [Release: 11.1 and later ]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
SymptomsWhen attempting to run the validate fish, the Intersection Validation report is returned stating that the DataView "Perio" is not valid.
This issue has been caused by the trimmed value in the database for Periodic is "Perio" and it is being passed to HFM for validation.
This is noted in Bug 8580652
To implement a workaround, the following steps need to be done:
Please try the following in a test environment.
1. Login to the FDM Application using the FDM Workbench Client as a Power User
2. Expand out the Target System Adapters -> FM11x-G5-B -> Actions -> CheckIntersections
3. Remove the ' at the beginning of line 188 to allow the conversion on the view dimension to take place. Line 188 by default reads:
'If LCase(Left(strView,1)) = "p" Then strView = "PERIODIC"
Line 188 should read:
If LCase(Left(strView,1)) = "p" Then strView = "PERIODIC"
4. Click the Diskette icon in the toolbar to save the change.
5. Re-Run the validate process within the FDM application.