How to create/Define Entity Conversion Tables in Hyperion Enterprise
Entity conversion tables are used to translate external entities into Hyperion entities and vice versa when loading or extracting data via the Database module.
1. Can create and label new tables or modify information in existing tables.
2. Each entity conversion table must have a unique ID.
3. An entity conversion table can be defined as load only, extract only, or both load and extract.
- A load only table can be defined so that many external accounts can be loaded into one Hyperion Enterprise account. (Many to One)
- An extract only table can be defined so that many Hyperion Enterprise accounts are converted into one external account. (One to Many)
- A table that can be used to either load or extract data can only be defined with one to one relationships.
4. Once a table has been created, its description and security class can be changed by selecting FILE->TABLE ATTRIBUTES. However, the load and/or extract selection cannot be changed.
To define an entity conversion table:
1. From within the ENTITIES module, select NAVIGATE->ENTITY CONVERSION TABLES and do one of the following:
a. To create a new table, select FILE -> NEW TABLE
b. To edit an existing table, highlight the desired table and hit the OK button and then select FILE->TABLE ATTRIBUTES.
2. If a new table, specify the ID, description, security class, and table type, then select OK. If an existing table, changes can only be made to description and security class.
3. Add or change the entities in the table:
a. To insert a row in table, highlight the cell above which the new row is to be inserted. Then select EDIT->INSERT ROW.
b. To paste a Hyperion Enterprise entity:
- Select EDIT->PASTE ENTITY - Select an entity from the dialog box - Then select OK.
c. New rows can be added to the end of the table by simply entering information.
4. Select FILE->SAVE to save changes.