|When Running Validate Step in FDM Receive "Automation error" |
| ||Modified 29-JUN-2010 Type PROBLEM || |
Applies to:Hyperion Financial Data Quality Management - Version: 220.127.116.11.00 to 18.104.22.168.00 - Release: 8.0 to 11.1
Microsoft Windows (32-bit)
Within the FDM Workflow, when the Validate step of the workflow is executed, the end user receives an error message. The error message reads:
Err: Automation Error
The Validate step then fails with a white fish.
To view the cause of the error message the following should be performed:
1) Choose Tools/Clear Error Log
2) Re-run the validate process to return the error
3) Choose Tools/View Error Log
4) In the error log the following is stated:
Machine Profile for <fdm app server name> does not exist
Incorrect FM cluster name for the Target Machine in the Machine Profile of FDM
1) Log into the FDM application using the Workbench Client as a Power User for the application.
2) Select Adapters -> Target System Adapters -> FM9x-G4A -> Machine Profiles
3) Right-click and choose "Add Machine Profile". Enter the FDM Application Server Name into the source name field and enter the HFM Cluster Name into the Target Machine Name field. Click OK to save the machine profile.
**Note: The User name and password can be left blank if the user that you log into the FDM application with is provisioned for the HFM Application that FDM is set to integrate with in the Integration Settings Menu.