"Error: 2684 - Unable to find the application named () in the configuration file", When Drilling Back From HFM into FDM
Posted by Priya Doyle on 08 February 2011 03:52 PM
Applies to:Hyperion Financial Data Quality Management - Version: 184.108.40.206.00 - Release: 9.3
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to drill back from HFM into FDM, the following error occurs:
Error: An error occurred logging on to the system using single sign-on. Please contact your administrator;
Error: 2684 - Unable to find the application named () in the configuration file.
By following these steps the issue can be reproduced:
1. Log into HFM
2. Navigate to a valid Data Grid
3. Right-click on a base level cell that was loaded by FDM and choose 'Audit Intersection'
The issue is caused by the following setup/step:
**Please note this is also case sensitive and must match exactly as it appears inside of FDM.To implement the solution, the following steps needs to be done:
1. Navigate to the HFM Metadata
2. Enter an appropriate FDM Application name in the HFM Metadata/AppSettings/FDMAppName field
3. Retest the issue.
4. If the issue is resolved, please migrate the solution as appropriate to other environments.