FDM Error: "Invalid Index. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8002000B (DISP_E_BADINDEX))" Creating Maps in FDQM
Posted by Priya Doyle on 08 February 2011 03:57 PM
|FDM Error: "Invalid Index. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8002000B (DISP_E_BADINDEX))" Creating Maps in FDQM [ID 1206064.1]|
| ||Modified 20-JAN-2011 Type PROBLEM|| |
Applies to:Hyperion FDM Essbase Adaptor - Version: 126.96.36.199.00 and later [Release: 11.1 and later ]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
SymptomsBrowsing to the Target Account, Entity and Custom dimensions in the Maps, gives the following error: "Error: Invalid index. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8002000B (DISP_E_BADINDEX))".
When browsing to the Target Category, Period and/or Year, the appropriate dimensions come up.
CauseThe "Dimension Cache Switch" is ticked in the adapters Integration Setup tab, Browse button. However, the script "ES_UpdateDimCacheUpdateDimCache" has not been ran after making modifications in the Essbase cube.
- Launch the Workbench and log in the appropriate FDM application.
- Select the Essbase adapter, right click on properties and "Configure".
- Then, select the Hyperion Integration Setup tab, click on the Browse button and remove the tick from the "Dimension Cache Switch".
- Save the changes and exit.
- Confirm that the error message is no longer appearing and you are able to browse to all the target dimensions.
Alternatively, tick the "Dimension Cache Switch" but make sure to run the "ES_UpdateDimCache" every time changes occur in the Essbase cube.