No Error Message Is Saved In Hyperion Enterprise Event Log
Posted by Priya Doyle on 16 February 2011 10:58 AM
Applies to:Hyperion Enterprise - Version: 188.8.131.52.00 to 184.108.40.206.00 - Release: 6.4 to 6.5
Information in this document applies to any platform.
No error message is saved in Hyperion Enterprise(HE) Event log, if 'Logging Options' is enabled.
Instructions to reproduce the issue -
1. Logon to the application with valid user id and password.
2. Select 'Application' module.
3. Select check box for 'Logging Options' to enable the Event log.
4. Click on 'Save' icon from the HE toolbar.
5. To reproduce the error message, stop the 'Hyperion Application Server' services from the services.msc (Start > Run > services.msc).
6. Try to do the server based consolidation and it will throw a error message 'Error on socket connect. WinSock error 10061.' which would not be logged Event log.
All information other than ERROR is included in Event log.
All information including ERROR is logged in the Error log.
This is a known issue in Hyperion Enterprise which is a unpublished Bug 9355898 for v6.4, v6.4.1, v6.5 and v6.5.1.
This issue would be fixed in future release. Fixable version is yet to decide and its subject to change.
Use HE Error log option to capture error related information.