|Data is Appearing in the Incorrect Entity Within Hyperion Enterprise|
| ||Modified 16-FEB-2010 Type PROBLEM |
Applies to:Hyperion Enterprise - Version: 22.214.171.124.00 to 126.96.36.199.00 - Release: 5.0 to 6.5
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Data is being incorrectly referenced by Database and DataEntry Modules . The data shown for Entity X was acually from Entity Y.
Entities had been added to the application with Live users on the System.
At some point a file contention issue has arisen and caused the application's internal referencing to become corrupt.
Avoid making Metadata Changes while users are live on the system. Ensure that such changes are made in an offline application copy. Then update the live application with an extract from the test copy while no users are active within the live application.
If corruption is already present. Perform the following steps.
- Ensure that no users are logged into the application.
- Extract the Metadata changes made via TASK, EXTRACT APPLICATION in the Application Module of the Corrupt Application.
- Extract a recent data or journal changes if possible. (This is done via the Database Module and Journal Module respectively).
- Manually check the integrity of any data extracted as the application damage may have rendered this data incorrect.
- Restore a clean verified back-up which does not exhibit the problem seen.
- Load the Metadata and Data and Journal Extracts taken above. (Ensure no other users are connected to the restored application when the Metadata is loaded).
- Verify the data in the restored application is correct.
- Back this application up.
- While there are no users on the Corrupt Application Delete the corrupted application folder and replace with the corrected restored application files.