Refreshing a Large Spreadsheet in Hyperion Retrieve is Very Slow
Posted by Priya Doyle on 16 February 2011 11:23 AM
Applies to:Hyperion Enterprise - Version: 188.8.131.52.00 to 184.108.40.206.00 - Release: 4.3 to 6.5
Refreshing a Large Spreadsheet in Hyperion Retrieve is Very Slow.
When a Retrieve Sheet is developed there are several factors that can affect performance.
1. Size of the Spreadsheet.
2. Technical Environment.
3. The complexity of the spreadsheet and the data dimensions being retrieved.
Large Retrieve spreadsheets can be slow to refresh as Retrieve will query the database to retrieve the data for each cell on a cell by cell basis. Other reporting tools can be more efficient in retrieving larger amounts of data If the sheet is large another reporting tool should be considered such as Hyperion Enterprise Reporting.Possible solutions for this include the following:
1. Reduce the size of the spreadsheet. Consider splitting the spreadsheet into several smaller spreadsheets within the same workbook. Spreadsheets within a workbook refresh individually.
2. Consider the use of another reporting tool.
3. Review the Technical Environment using a performance monitoring tool. Resources may be an issue. Check available memory and network connections. Ensure Application file Server and machine running Excel are located on same sub-net as the client or Citrix server.
4. Consult Oracle Support for more information or consider engaging Consulting for a technical review of the Enterprise environment.
NOTE:593517.1 - Slow performance when using Refresh All Linked Cells
NOTE:1210143.1 - Slow Retrieve Performance Using Microsoft Excel 2007 and Enterprise 6.5.0 or 6.5.1.