Error: "No MODAPPDLL Parm: OpenAppp error" When Logging Into An Enterprise Application
Posted by Priya Doyle on 16 February 2011 11:31 AM
Applies to:Hyperion Enterprise - Version: 126.96.36.199.00 to 188.8.131.52.00 - Release: 5.0 to 6.4
Hyperion Enterprise - Version: 184.108.40.206.00 and later [Release: 5.0 and later]
Hyperion Enterprise Reporting - Version: 220.127.116.11.00 and later [Release: 3.6 and later]
Hyperion Enterprise - Version: 18.104.22.168.00 to 22.214.171.124.00 [Release: 4.3 to 6.5]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
This knowledge document is a replacement for 591925.1, 592870.1, 593198.1, 590371.1 which have been deleted.
When logging on to an Enterprise application receiving the error: "No MODAPPDLL Pam: OpenAppp error" is received.
This error means that Enterprise can not find the listed application at the application path defined, therefore it is unable to open it. Enterprise needs to be directed to the correct path.
Installation of the security update 917422 (MS06-051) on a computer that is running Windows 2000 Service Pack 4 and that has Terminal Services enabled:
Hyperion Enterprise Reporting Web specific:
Firstly ensure the user has full rights to the application folder and sub-directories:
1) Launch Enterprise and from the logon drop-down select Add Application.
2) Select File-based (or SQL if an SQL Application).
3) Browse to where the application is located.
4) Select the ApplicationName.exa file.
5) Select Open.
6) A warning will appear that the current application will be overwritten. This is not overwriting the data just the path to where the application is. Select Yes.
7) Log into the application as normal.
If the error is received when using Retrieve:
HPAPP.DAT does not show the exact application
1. In a text editor, open the <Application>.ini, where <Application> is the name of the Enterprise database.
2. Highlight the application name excluding the brackets on 1st row of this file and select EDIT->COPY or Ctrl+C to add to the clipboard.
3. Open the HPAPP.DAT file and paste over the Application Name and save changes.
Using this method will ensure that the application name defined in the HPAPP.DAT precisely matches the [APPNAME] in the <Application>.ini.
If the security update 917422 (MS06-051) has been installed:
Please check the following on Microsoft's knowledgebase: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/924066
Copy a user's hypent.ini file that includes all desired applications and paste it into the C:\WINNT directory of the Terminal Services / Citrix server.
If the error is received when using Hyperion Enterprise Reporting Web:
1. Access the Distributed COM Configuration Properties: START -> RUN -> type 'dcomcnfg' -> ENTER
2. On the DEFAULT PROPERTIES tab select "Enable Distributed COM on this computer". (This should be enabled by default).
3. Recycle internet services.
If this error is received when using Sites (This option has been removed from version 6.5 onwards):
The applications must have the same name at sites and HQ
1. Send a new copy of the application to the Site/HQ or rename the application using a supported method.