The procedure for changing the substructure attached to an entity is as follows:
Entity TEST has the substructure REGION attached.
This substructure has REGION as the top entity and EAST, WEST, NORTH, and SOUTH as its dependents.
A new substructure called PRODUCT needs to replace REGION.
PRODUCT has GOLF, TENNIS, and SKATING attached as dependents.
1. Extract data from each of the entities: TEST.EAST. TEST.WEST, TEST.NORTH, and TEST.SOUTH for all categories and periods.
2. If the subentities have been attached to any parent independent of the main entity TEST, these need to be deleted from those organizations.
3. Turn off the option 'SHOW SUBENTITIES'.
4. Select the entity TEST and set the substructure to NONE.
5. Make a note of the Entity attributes of TEST and then delete the entity TEST from all organizations. (Be sure to note all parents for re-adding entity later.)
6. Select TASK->UNOWNED ENTITIES->PURGE UNOWNED ENTITIES and purge the entity TEST.
7. Save your changes and shut down Hyperion Enterprise.
8. Re-launch Hyperion Enterprise and open the Entities module.
9. Add the new entity and call it TEST. Set all attributes as before and set the substructure to PRODUCT.
10. Re-add the new entity TEST to all organizations as appropriate and add the new sub-entities to the appropriate organizations if applicable.
NOTE: Failure to follow these steps will result in the original subentities still being available in select entity dropdown lists. Also, if flagged for journals, users will still be able to post journal entries to these deleted entities.