How to Rename a Base Member in a classic HFM Application
Posted by Priya Doyle, Last modified by Priya Doyle on 02 December 2010 08:42 AM
Applies to:Hyperion Financial Management - Version: 126.96.36.199.00 to 188.8.131.52.00 - Release: 1.0 to 11.1
Information in this document applies to any platform.
How can a Custom dimension base member be renamed without losing associated data?
While the Metadata Manager allows you to rename a member, HFM still considers this a new member which is distinct from the original. The renamed member will be assigned a new itemID, which essentially means that you cannot rename a member without losing the data and journals that were associated with the original member.
In order to rename a member and retain the data, you need to do the following:
2. Modify the extracted data and journal files so that the new member name is used instead of the old member
3. In metadata, add the new member.
4. Load the modified metadata.
5. Load the modified data and journal extract files from step 2 to populate the new member.
6. Clear the data from old member.
At this point, the old member has been essentially "renamed" to the "new" member.
To delete the old member, delete the old member from the metadata file and load it in Replace mode.